Past Scholarship Recipients
2024 DON BOSSI LEADERSHIP AND INNOVATION CANADIAN SCHOLARSHIP
To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must:
- Complete and submit the application form by January 31, 2024
- Be currently enrolled or have been enrolled in a Canadian high school.
- Participate in a FIRST Robotics Competition or a FIRST Tech Challenge team in Canada.
- Be eligible to enroll and agree to enroll as a full-time student in an accredited college or university starting no later than the fall semester of 2024.
- Use the scholarship to pursue a major or degree program in entrepreneurship or innovation leadership at the college or university.
- Be a student who is a dedicated role model in FIRST.
To apply for the Scholarship, you must submit each of the following documents through the online application no later than January 31, 2024:
- Your completed application form (indicate on the form which event you/your team are attending)
- A letter of recommendation from a high school instructor from whom you have taken one or more classes
- A brief essay (no more than 500 words) in which you discuss your desire to be a role model, your leadership (entrepreneurial, innovative or community), your participation in the FIRST Tech Challenge or FIRST Robotics competition, and the program’s impact on your life. What sets you apart from others? How are you making a difference, and what is your plan moving forward?
- Your official high school transcript
If you are a home-schooled student, please get in touch with the FIRST Scholarship Committee for instructions on what materials you should provide in lieu of a letter of recommendation and transcript.
If you are unable to submit the documents via the online form, please get in touch with Joanna Whitney, email@example.com, at least a week before the application deadline to discuss alternative ways of submitting.
FIRST Canada will announce the recipient of the Scholarship in 2024.
To receive your initial disbursement of Scholarship funds, you must send FIRST Canada, no later than the end of the second week of classes, a letter requesting the funds and confirming the college or university to which the funds should be sent.
For complete details about the scholarship, download the 2024 Don Bossi Leadership & Innovation Canadian Scholarship Program Materials below: