About the Camp:
We have an exciting opportunity for FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) and FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) teams in Ontario, Alberta, B.C. and the Yukon to develop strong leadership skills, support their community, and have a fantastic outreach resource for fundraising opportunities courtesy of the McCall and McBain Foundation. FIRST Robotics Canada is bringing back the in-person summer camps program after a successful pilot last year to promote and inspire youth through weeklong STEM-based camps. Utilizing the materials developed by FIRST Robotics Canada, FRC & FTC teams will make a lasting impact on aspiring young minds.
To participate in this initiative, your team must confirm your willingness to be part of the program. The camp requirements and commitments are as follows:
- Run (at least) either a one-week (20-25 students) or two weeks (10-12 students) of in-person summer camp(s) during mid-July or August.
- Conduct camps five days a week, 6-7 hours daily, including preparation time.
- Ensure that a total of 20-25 students participate in the camp.
- Utilize the “FIRST Robotics Canada Summer Camp” training materials and resources FIRST Robotics Canada provides.
- Provide 5-6 mature and enthusiastic students and one mentor to run the camps and attend the mandatory in-person training offered by FIRST Robotics Canada.
- Offer the camps free of charge for all participants.
- Commit to an intention to use the materials provided in the summers of 2024 and 2025 to run camps.
In return, FIRST Robotics Canada will provide the following support:
- In-person training for 5-6 mature students and one mentor.
- Training materials, including PowerPoint presentations and documents.
- 6 FLL Challenge Sets (valued at $750)
- Flyers and templates to promote the camp, allowing you to include your team logo.
- A Slack group for collaboration with other teams to share experiences and stories.
- Marketing and social media support from FIRST Robotics Canada will be used to promote the camp.
- A dedicated website with camp information and registration details for campers.
- Management of participant registration and provision of consent forms that include your team’s information.
Note: Visit the McCall and McBain Foundation website https://www.mccallmacbain.org/ for more information about the generous funder.
Join us for an engaging Summer Camp Information Session on Tuesday, January 23, 2024! Discover everything you need to know about our upcoming Summer Camp Opportunities.
Our session will delve into:
- What are the eligibility requirements?
- What’s the objective behind the camps?
- Where are the camp locations?
- When are the scheduled camp dates?
- What are your responsibilities if you choose to run a camp?
- What are the reasons to participate?
- Who will be attending the camps?
Be prepared for an interactive session featuring a discussion on the next steps and a dedicated Questions and Answer period. Register below to join the Summer Camp Information Session, and you will receive the Zoom link in your confirmation notification. Don’t miss this chance to explore an incredible summer camp opportunity and get all your questions answered!