About the Camp:
We have an exciting opportunity for FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) and FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) teams in Ontario, Alberta, B.C. and the Yukon to develop strong leadership skills, support their community, and have a fantastic outreach resource for fundraising opportunities courtesy of the McCall and McBain Foundation. FIRST Robotics Canada is bringing back the in-person summer camps program after a successful pilot last year to promote and inspire youth through weeklong STEM-based camps. Utilizing the materials developed by FIRST Robotics Canada FRC & FTC teams will make a lasting impact on aspiring young minds.
- To participate in this initiative, your team must confirm your willingness to be part of the program. The camp requirements and commitments are as follows:
- Run either a one-week (20-25 students) or two weeks (10-12 students) of in-person summer camp(s) during mid-July or August.
- Conduct camps five days a week, 6-7 hours daily, including preparation time.
- Ensure that a total of 20-25 students participate in the camp.
- Utilize the “FIRST Robotics Canada Summer Camp” training materials and resources FIRST Robotics Canada provides.
- Provide 5-6 mature and enthusiastic students and one mentor to run the camps and attend the mandatory in-person training offered by FIRST Robotics Canada.
- Commit to using the materials provided in 2023 and 2024 to run camps.
- Registration needs to be completed by February 16th, 2024.
- In return, FIRST Robotics Canada will provide the following support:
- In-person training for 5-6 mature students and one mentor.
- Training materials, including PowerPoint presentations and documents.
- 10-12 FIRST LEGO League Robot Kits. (Only given for the first year of participation)
- Flyers and templates to promote the camp, allowing you to include your team logo.
- A Slack group for collaboration with other teams to share experiences and stories.
- Marketing and social media support from FIRST Robotics Canada to promote the camp.
- A dedicated website with camp information and registration details for campers.
- Participant registration and provision of consent forms that include your team’s information.
Note: Visit the McCall and McBain Foundation website https://www.mccallmacbain.org/ for more information about the generous funder