2023 FIRST Canada Build a Dream Skilled Trades Scholarship
FIRST Robotics Canada in partnership with Build a Dream is proud to present for the second year our 2023 Skilled Trade Scholarship. The FIRST Canada Scholarship Committee is accepting applications from female FIRST Robotics Canada students who are planning to pursue post-secondary education in a Skilled Trade. The ideal candidate will be a woman who has demonstrated strong leadership, is fanatical about science and technology and wants to motivate positive change in the community and has been a part of a FIRST Robotic program either through FIRST Robotics Competition or FIRST Tech Competition in 2021 to 2022. Two scholarships in the amount of $3000 each will be awarded per school calendar year and will be announced in 2023. The deadline to apply is February 15th, 2023, at 11:59 PM (EST
To apply for the Scholarship, you must submit your online scholarship application no later than February 15th, 2023 date 11:59 p.m. EST. With your application, please include the following:
- A letter of recommendation from a high school instructor from whom you have taken one or more classes
- A brief essay (no more than 500 words) in which you talk about:
- Your participation in the FIRST Robotics Competition or FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC), and the impact that the FIRST program had on your life
- Why you are interested in pursuing a higher education/career in a Skilled Trade
- Your official high school transcript.
If you are a home-schooled student, please contact the FIRST Scholarship Committee for instructions on what materials you should provide in lieu of a letter of recommendation and transcript.
If you for any reason you are unable to apply online please contact email@example.com prior to the deadline date for alternative application options
FIRST Canada will announce the recipient of the Scholarship in 2023.
Please note, to receive your initial disbursement of Scholarship funds, you must send FIRST Canada, no later than the end of the second week of classes, a letter requesting the funds.